Saturday, March 5, 2016

Group exhibition Corciano Festa della Donna (Women's Day celebration)

Opening day of the exhibition of paintings by various Umbrian artists on two themes the nude figure, and famous women in history.
Next to each famous woman was a short biography of each famous person.
I chose Lady Godiva, which can be seen in the center of this exhibition room in the hilltown, Corciano, not far from Perugia. 

Here my piece is seen in the middle of the doorway. This is the room that I had my exhibition Faces and Places, a photography show, several years ago. 

A curious and attractive collection of red shoes led the way to the various exhibition areas. 

                            Guests including many of the artists who partecipated in the exhibition

                               My piece for the "Nude" section of the show can be seen in in
                                    this photo, the girl reaching fora cloud in black and white.

One of the pieces shown in the section "famous women in history" here, Margaret Hack. I was especially curious about this piece since it so reminded me of a piece I did for another show at Rione Cassero (Foligno) of friend, Marco (shown down below)

...the other eye is winking, but what's the difference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment