Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Painting how you are feeling

Just did this painting yesterday, Woman and Child, acrylic on paper, 16"x20". Never before in my life have I realized how much I am painting how I am feeling. And what I am feeling is the need for relaxation, calm, and doing two of the activities I love, swimming and walking.
I like to express calmness in artwork, things that relax me and others. I had taken a series of photographs at a swimming pool here, of parents with their babies in the water. It was like entering into a very personal intimacy with them, I almost felt like I shouldn't even be there with them. But they kindly let me photograph them, and I enjoyed it immensely.
This is a painting I completed in a short time yesterday, after working on a painting that took me weeks to finish, I felt the urge to just let myself relax with colors and shapes, and while doing it I was relaxing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment